Monday, May 28, 2012

That's a Human Revolution...

Heeeeeeeeey! Welcome to my blog. hah.


Welp, to kick it off, Sunday night was pretty epic! Hah. I know this guy and, he kinda like me...sike! Alright, Chels and I went to a show last Sunday in Downtown Pomona to support the homie Keon Supreme. When I say I surround myself with talent, Keon's at the top of the list. He's pretty much going to change the world "through every word, nah fuck that, through every letter." ;)


 

Basically this whole "Hype Gurl" thing started with Keon. I mean I've always wanted to be a hype girl but when I heard about Keon through Asa, Brandon, and Cam (shout outs! Hah.), and heard his music and his message I decided I wanted to be HIS hype girl. Sadly, I was denied but I didn't let that stop me, NOPE! Black man can't keep the white girl down, Haha. No, but it inspired me to take my Hype Gurl to a whole other level. I decided I can hype up all my friends on the daily. Living the hype life....


Anyway, back to Keon...
One time Keon asked me what it is I enjoy about his music. Here it is...
For starters, its sounds good. Between the beats and his voice over them, everything sounds real smooth and natural. But its the content that really sets the bar. Music with substance is the best kind of music and Keon's music is deep and real. Hearing how focused and determined he is to achieve his goal and then hearing his passion when he tells his listeners that we can all be better, is just amazing. Even when Keon breaks it down for the ladies, he stays honest but not degrading. Hearing through every song, his belief in his craft and mission to change the world is undoubtedly inspiring. You can't help but to truly believe, and Keon, I believe...
 
Cover Art: Asa B and Brandon Smith


High key I swooped on all of Keon's albums and mixtapes. Awwwuh! It's cool to listen to the evolution of Keon, trying to put his story together with each song. I could go for days about some of my favorite songs of his like I Believe off of MakingSupreme, or Burn Slow from his first album Supreme, or pretty much every song on the Voicemail Mixtape,  but I HIGHLY recommend you listen for yourself.  Hands down though, my favorite album is for sure his latest album Be Still. It's definitely his best work and the epitome of INSPIRATION.  He said he was going to change the world with his music and I know first hand that it's working!


 
I look forward to all the things Keon and his AutoCraT team are going to do. Let me be the first to say that all the lives they touch, with all their talents, are truly blessed.  If you don't know already, be on the look out for them. If you don't know where to find them, keep checking my blog, I'll be hyping them up in the near future. :) "Becoming a better person, that's a human revolution..." -Keon Supreme




Monster's Ball off of Keon Supreme's album "Be Still"

Genetics Productions
Directed/Edited - Asa B, Brandon Smith
Special effects - Brandon Smith, Cameryn Harvey
Models- Brittiany Walker, Stephanie Febres, Samantha Coleman
Make up- Krystal Dukes (www.blendingartistry.com)


For all of Keon Supreme's music: http://keonsupreme.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment