Saturday, June 9, 2012

This One's for You.

I really wish you could see me now
See me how
I'm making moves
I wasn't born to lose.

That's probably why
You push me out of your life
Cuz it hurts too bad to see me succeed
When you used to be
All that I'd need.

See, you came along and worked your magic
And when you left it was tragic.

I can never hate you though,
Cuz you paved the road,
you gave me your love and lightened the load.

Now you rather bring me down,
Make me drown,
but it only makes me stronger,
puts more power behind my crown.

You'll always be beautiful to me.
Cuz you planted that seed,
to finding ME.
 And I thank you,
And I love you,
and that was probably the first powerful statement I ever told you that was true.

But YOU?
See I don't even know you.
You're in the same boat of pushing me away
when from the beginning
I just wanted you to stay.

It's all good though,
Can't miss something you don't know.

I feel for you.

I don't understand how you could've done it
Missed out on a beautiful lady,
Two babies,
And kept runnin.

You say you never doubter her ability,
Doesn't mean doing it alone was necessary.

But me,
You were supposed to be there.
Protect me from all the shit I went through
That wasn't fair.

I hate to see your little man cry.
You don't understand how many times I die
When I hear him ask "why?"

But I get it now.
You're the one missing out.

It must've been hard reading that letter with everything I've done,
What I'm doing,
And what I plan on pursuing.
2 pages front and back.
Damn, no wonder I never got a letter back.
You probably had nothing to say,
Sort of like the first day...

 So this one's for YOU.
After all the low key shit you've put me through,
Thank You.

I always take time to thank the Big Man Above
For my ability to love.
Cuz it helps me forgive you,
pull through,
and stay true.

I really wish you could see me now.
There's not a doubt in my mind that you'd be proud.

-Rox

No comments:

Post a Comment