Sunday, October 21, 2012

Focused on Him: I Was Expecting You Part II

Now that I see you,
I see you.
I see me.
I see Him.

I waited for you to reveal yourself
Expecting nothing in return.
And as I waited patiently,
I learned who you were.

You were you.
You were me.
You were Him.

You asked me my favorite word.
I said "GROWTH", baby grow.
It's the only thing we all know
How to do without trying,
No matter laughing or crying,
No matter physical or mental.
It's one things we're all meant to, do.

You grow for you.
I grow for me.
We grow for Him.

Such an unfamiliar world
With unforeseen twists and turns.
Bumping heads and,
Challenging each other and,
Holding hands and,
Needing space and,
Making plans and,
Trying to erase
All the things we would take back.
Trying to undo the facts.
So we don't feel ashamed...

In front of you.
In front of me.
In front of Him.

Focus! C'mon re-focus
On love or it's all hopeless.
Losing ourselves in what shoulda, coulda, woulda...

We want the same thing.
Have the same dream.
Working every day at modeling
Ourselves to the extreme.
"The Greatest:" fill in the blank

The greatest you.
The greatest me.
The greatest we.

Our worlds still need us.
It's not done yet, in fact it's never ending.
Our babies still need nurturing,
Our souls still need growing,
So we'll keep going.
Keep bumping heads with ideas so clever and,
Challenging eachother to be better and,
Holding hands to ensure we're together and,
Giving space to allow capacity to grow whenever and,
Making plans from tomorrow 'til forever and,
Trying to erase any bad habits whatsoever.

Staying focused on what's real.
Staying focused on what's important.

Focused on you.
Focused on me.
Focused on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment